In the coming weeks,we will be offering online instruction through Zoom. Please download Zoom onto your chrome books,laptops, or home computers to participate in this online learning experience. Invitations to join these online classes or to contact me during my Zoom office hours will be sent to you in Google Classroom. Mrs. Nix and I will host a Zoom class every Monday from10:00 am-10:40 am. I will also hold office hours Wednesday-Friday in Zoom from 10:00 am-10:40 am. Your are welcome to contact me during these office hours to answer any questions you may have concerning online assignments or bonus work. Please check your Google Classroom for invitations to these upcoming meetings! I miss you guys and hope everyone is safe and well!
SMS Zoom Norms
1. All classroom norms apply when in a Zoom session. In other words, if you wouldn't do it while in physical class, don't do it while in digital class.
2. Students must also have a quiet area with good lighting available to participate in a Zoom session for when video is permitted. Computer/laptop preferred over cell phone if possible.
3. Students need to remain on mute while the teacher and classmates are speaking.
4. Students must use the Response Icon to raise a hand to be called upon as time permits for participation.
5. Students should place any questions in the CHAT feature of Zoom.
6. Students should immediately mute after speaking.
7. Students must also follow any additional specific guidelines provided by a teacher in each Zoom meeting not included on this list.
8. All chat box notes will be kept as a public record of lessons and therefore, they are expected to maintain appropriate discussion content, etiquette, and language.
9. Have paper and a pen or pencil handy to take notes.
10. No recording of a Zoom meeting session may be posted or screen shots taken for any other purpose other than viewing by the students and teacher in the class. If evidence of this is found, discipline will be administered.
11. Zoom is a privilege that may be revoked if any of the above norms are not followed.
12. DRESS CODE: Students must wear school appropriate clothing. Shorts are allowable, but please wear modest shorts.
13. BATHROOM: No devices should be taken into the bathroom. If you need to take a break - go, but do NOT take your device with you.