Parents and Students,
We are down to the last 3 weeks of school! Thank you for your patience as we have tried to manage distance learning. Please continue to check your Google Classroom for instructions on what the next few weeks of school will hold. We will have our first zoom meeting tomorrow, April 27th. Mrs. Ford and I will be joining with you every Monday for the next 3 weeks at 9:00 A.M. Please see Google Classroom for the details on how to join the meetings. A new ID and password will be posted before each meeting. As always, please send any questions or concerns you have on Zoom, i-Ready bonus assignments, or anything else to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will do my best to help however I can.
Digital hours will remain the same. I will be available every morning, Monday-Friday, from 8:00-10:00 on Google Classroom and e-mail. Starting this week I will have Zoom office hours as well. Wednesday- Friday I will be available to meet from 9:00-9:40 A.M. Information on codes and time for all Zoom meetings will be given in google classroom 1 hour prior to starting time. Please read the expectations of Zoom below. I miss you all!
SMS Zoom Norms
1. All classroom norms apply when in a Zoom session. In other words, if you wouldn't do it while in physical class, don't do it while in digital class.
2. Students must also have a quiet area with good lighting available to participate in a Zoom session for when video is permitted. Computer/laptop preferred over cell phone if possible.
3. Students need to remain on mute while the teacher and classmates are speaking.
4. Students must use the Response Icon to raise a hand to be called upon as time permits for participation.
5. Students should place any questions in the CHAT feature of Zoom.
6. Students should immediately mute after speaking.
7. Students must also follow any additional specific guidelines provided by a teacher in each Zoom meeting not included on this list.
8. All chat box notes will be kept as a public record of lessons and therefore, they are expected to maintain appropriate discussion content, etiquette, and language.
9. Have paper and a pen or pencil handy to take notes.
10. No recording of a Zoom meeting session may be posted or screen shots taken for any other purpose other than viewing by the students and teacher in the class. If evidence of this is found, discipline will be administered.
11. Zoom is a privilege that may be revoked if any of the above norms are not followed.
12. DRESS CODE: Students must wear school appropriate clothing. Shorts are allowable, but please wear modest shorts.
13. BATHROOM: No devices should be taken into the bathroom. If you need to take a break - go, but do NOT take your device with you.
The letter below includes a schedule referring to the first 2 weeks of online school. Now that we will not return to school for the remainder of the semester, we have switched to using a website called i-ready. To login the students will use the same login information for google classroom. I will be posting about 1 hours worth of assignments each week, and I will monitor the progress of students completing the assignments. Although we cannot give a grade for these assignments, it is highly encouraged to complete them to maintain skills we have learned. I will check in at the end of each week and will also be communicating through google classroom. Please have your children check google classroom each week for updates or messages from me. I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. My thoughts and prayers are will you always!